Cherry shortbread hearts
Cherry shortbread hearts- easy biscuits taste as good as they look and make an ideal Valentine's Day gift
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 14-16
- icing sugar , plus extra for dusting - 100g
- plain flour , plus extra for dusting - 200g
- cornflour - 50g
- ground almonds - 50g
- pack cold butter , cut into cubes - 250g
- glacé cherries , finely chopped - 50g
- almond extract - ½ tablespoon
- cherry jam, sieved - 8 tablespoons
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Sift the icing sugar, flour and cornflour together into a bowl. Stir in the ground almonds and butter, then rub in the butter until smooth. Stir in the chopped glacé cherries and almond extract, and bring together to form a dough.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface, then stamp out biscuits using a heartshaped cutter. Keep re-rolling the trimmings until all the dough is used. Carefully transfer the biscuits to baking trays lined with parchment and bake for just 8-10 mins until just pale golden.
- Using an upturned bottle top or similar, press gently into the centre of each biscuit to make a round indent. Spoon in a little jam and return to the oven for 2 mins. Remove and cool on a wire rack, before dusting with icing sugar to serve.
Leave a Reply