Sweetheart choc & hazelnut sandwiches Recipe
Breakfast in bed for you Love person - A loving spoonful in the form of delicious heart-shaped French toasts with a sweet chocolatey filling. Perfect for the Valentine's Day!
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 5 minutes
- Yield : 2 servings
- small sliced brioche loaf - 4 slices
- chocolate hazelnut spreads - 3 tablespoons
- egg - 1 large
- whole milk - 75ml
- vanilla extract - 1 tablespoon
- caster sugar - 1 tablespoon
- chopped toasted hazelnuts - 2 tablespoons
- butter - 1 tablespoon
- icing sugar , for dusting - to taste
- ice cream - to serve
- raspberries - to serve
- Thickly spread 2 of the brioche slices with the chocolate hazelnut spread, then top with the remaining slices to make 2 sandwiches. Use a large heart-shaped cutter to cut the sandwiches into hearts.
- Whisk the egg, milk, vanilla and caster sugar in a wide, shallow bowl. Tip the hazelnuts onto a plate. Dip the sandwiches into the egg mixture, leave for 1-2 mins each side to allow the brioche to soak up the liquid, then dip one side of each sandwich into the nuts. The sandwiches can be chilled like this, covered loosely with cling film, for up to 1 hour.
- Heat the butter in a wide frying pan until melted and foaming. Add the sandwiches and cook for 1-2 mins each side until golden brown and puffed up. Dust with a little icing sugar and serve with ice cream and raspberries.
Leave a Reply