Tomato, mozzarella, basil & crouton salad
Inspired from the traditional Italian side dish panzanella, this bread salad is a great mix of crispy croutons and creamy mozzarella.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 5 minutes
- Yield : 6 servings
- garlic clove, crushed - 1
- olive oil - 60ml (1/4 cup)
- thick slices of sour dough or crusty bread (made from day-old bread) - 6 cut into 2cm pieces
- vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges - 6 (about 600g)
- red wine vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- Pinch of caster sugar
- fresh mozzarella or bocconcini - 200g torn into 2cm pieces
- resh basil leaves, torn - 1/2 cup f
- Barbecued swordfish with salsa verde -
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Whisk together the garlic and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large bowl. Add the bread and toss until well combined. Cook the bread for 1 minute each side or until lightly charred and toasted.
- Place the tomato, vinegar, sugar and remaining oil in a large serving bowl and mix until combined. Add the croutons, mozzarella and basil leaves, and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with the Barbecued swordfish with salsa verde (see related recipes).
Leave a Reply