Sangria fast Recipe
Sangria is a wine punch typical of Spain and Portugal. It normally consists of wine, chopped fruit, a sweetener, and a small amount of added brandy. In the case of fruits, they are chopped or sliced such as orange, lemon, lime, apple, peach, melon, berries, pineapple, grape, kiwi and mango. A sweetener such as honey, sugar, simple syrup, or orange juice is added. Instead of brandy, other liquids such as Seltzer, Sprite or 7 Up may be added.
Sangria is named after the Spanish word for "blood" - "sangre" because of its typical dark-red color.
Sangria is also lovely made with white or rosé (blush) wine. Try adding fresh peach or plum slices instead of the lemon and orange.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Yield : 8 servings
- SANGRIA FAST
- lemon juice - 2⅓ cup
- orange juice - ⅓ cup
- sugar - ¼ cup
- lemon, cut into thin slices - 1
- orange, cut into thin slices - 1
- dry red wine or nonalcoholic red wine - 1 bottle (750 mL)
- In half-gallon glass pitcher, mix juices and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add lemon and orange slices to pitcher.
- Stir wine into juice mixture. Add ice if desired.
WHITE SANGRIA: Substitute dry white wine such as Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc for the dry red wine.