Harvesting home-grown potatoes is so rewarding. If you have successfully grown your own potatoes, they deserve to be made into something as delicious as this spicy Spanish dish.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 50 minutes
- extra virgin olive oil - 6 tblsp
- white potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm dice - 700-800 g
- onions, finely chopped - 2
- dry sherry - 2 tblsp
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- garlic cloves, finely grated or finely chopped - 4
- crushed hot red pepper flakes - 1 teaspoon
- canned, diced tomatoes, drained handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped - 1 cup
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Heat half the oil in 2 large non-stick frying pans, add the potatoes without crowding them in the pans, and cook, turning frequently, over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, or until starting to brown. Add the onions and cook for another 5 minutes.
2. Add the, sherry, lemon zest, garlic, and pepper flakes and allow to reduce for 2 minutes before adding the tomatoes and parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, combine well, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the remaining oil, place all ingredients in a shallow baking dish, and cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve hot with a selection of tapas dishes.
Note: You can cook the potatoes on the stovetop instead, although oven cooking intensifies the flavor.
Leave a Reply