Learn to Make Omelette
Omelettes are pretty perfect way to begin your day or even when it is dinnertime and there are not any food stuffs in your refrigerator. Best Recipes will present you how to make egg omelets which are soft and perfectly cooked and also we will show you how to get them easily out of the pan.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 40 minutes
- Yield : 4
- еggs - 8
- salt and pepper - if desired
- butter - 8 teaspoons
- For every single omelet, in a small bowl, beat two eggs and them till fluffy. Add salt and black pepper to your taste. In about 8-inch (20cm) non stick omelette pan or frying pan, heat two teaspoons of the butter and put the pan over medium-high heat just until butter is hot and begin to sizzle. As butter melts, tilt pan to coat bottom.
- Quickly pour eggs into pan. While quickly sliding the pan back and forth over the heated hot plate, quickly and continuously stir with spatula to spread eggs over bottom as they thicken. Leave it over heat a little time until eggs begin to lightly brown. Do not overcooked it. If desired you can add the filling before folding.
- To take out the omelettes from the pan, first take spatula and put it under one edge of the omelette, folding about one-third of it to the center. Transfer the omelette to a plate by tilting the pan, allowing flat, unfolded edge of omelet slide out onto plate. Using edge of pan as a guide, flip folded edge of omelet over flat portion on plate.
- Repeat with remaining butter and eggs.
LIGHTER DIRECTIONS For 8 grams of fat and 130 calories per serving, substitute ½ cup fat-free egg product for the omelet (2 eggs).
CHEESE OMELET Before folding omelet, sprinkle with ¼ cup shredded Cheddar, Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese, or ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese.
DENVER OMELET Before adding eggs to pan, cook 2 tablespoons chopped cooked ham, 1 tablespoon finely chopped bell pepper and 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion in butter about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Continue as directed in Step 2.
HAM AND CHEESE OMELET Before folding omelet, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar, Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese and 2 tablespoons finely chopped cooked ham.
KEYS TO SECCESS
- Beat the eggs before adding the butter into the pan. Usually the butter melts very quickly so having the eggs already beaten in a bowl will prevent the butter from burning.
- Beat the eggs very well. As more you scramble the eggs, the result will be more fluffu omelettes.
- Tilt pan to coat bottom in butter. This helps prevent the eggs from sticking.
- Rapidly slide pan back and forth over the heat. Do this while spreading eggs in bottom of pan so they cook quickly but don’t overcook.
Check also >> Omelet Fillings
Great way to start your day!