Easter bunny cupcakes
These cute Easter bunnies don't just look fabulous! Flake bars are scattered throughout the cake mixture for an added chocolatey surprise.
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 25 minutes
- Yield : 12 cupcakes
- packet golden buttercake mix - 340g
- chocolate flake bars, roughly crushed - 2 x 30g
- shredded coconut - 3/4 cup
- strawberries and cream lollies - 24
- blue mini M&Ms - 24
- red mini M&Ms - 12
- white mini marshmallows, halved crossways - 12
- white tic tacs - 24
- rich chocolate writing fudge
- Buttercream icing
- butter, softened - 150g
- icing sugar mixture, sifted - 2 cups
- milk - 1 1/2 tablespoons
- vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a 12-hole, 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Make cake mixture following packet directions. Fold in crushed flake bars. Divide mixture evenly between cases. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in 1 cake comes out clean. Stand in pan for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make Buttercream icing Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar mixture, milk and vanilla, beating until well combined. Reserve 1/4 cup icing. Spread cupcakes with remaining icing. Sprinkle with shredded coconut. Lightly press to secure.
- Trim 5mm from 1 short end of each strawberries and cream lolly. Using the picture as a guide, use a little remaining icing to secure two strawberries and cream lollies into top of 1 cupcake to form ears. Press 2 blue mini M&Ms on to cake to form eyes. Press 1 red mini M&M on to cake to form a nose. Press 2 mini marshmallows below nose to form cheeks and add 2 tic tacs for teeth. Use chocolate writing fudge to pipe dots in centre of eyes to form pupils. Set aside for 10 minutes or until set. Repeat with remaining cupcakes, lollies, M&Ms, mini marshmallows, tic tacs and chocolate writing fudge. Serve.
Leave a Reply