Check this classic recipe for thin pancakes.
I want to share with you this great and tested pancakes recipe that nowhere else I've ever seen, but I try it many times and I enjoy it every single time. I've seen many different recipes that generally resemble, but to make perfect pancakes should be dosed carefully their individual ingredients.
This recipe I found years ago in an old woman's magazine. Since then I use it and never let me down. The pancakes are always wonderful - neither too thin or too thick, but also incredibly delicious.
- Prep Time : 25 minutes
- Cook Time : 45 minutes
- Yield : 24 pancakes
- The pancakes:
- all-purpose flour - 250g
- milk (can substitute half with water) - 0.5 liters
- 3 large or 4 small egg - 3 or 4
- salt - 2 pinches
- powdered sugar - 1 tablespoon
- powder vanilla - 1
- oil - 1 teaspoon
- melted butter - 20g
- Filling 1:
- whipping cream - 1 1/2 cups
- sugar - 1/4 cup
- sliced bananas - 2 to 3
- fresh strawberries, sliced - 1 pint (2 cups)
- chopped walnuts - 1/4 cup
- Filling 2:
- put it jam, topped with liquor; - to taste
- Filling 3:
- liquid chocolate or honey - to taste
- Put the flour in a big bowl. Then make a little hole in the flour and pour into it the eggs broken like an omelette (or one by one). Add half of the milk slowly. Scramble for 2-3 minutes to obtain a smooth mixture.
- Second part of the instructions include adding salt, oil, melted butter (pre-melted on low heat), powdered sugar and vanilla. Add the second half of the milk. Put the lid and stands half an hour.
- If you want to make very fine and fluffy pancakes, beat the egg whites in advance of snow. Pancakes can be made only with water - then it become very light, but not so tasty. If and only milk the pancakes getting thicker.
- And finally the butter and oil is added to not stick when frying on the pan. Fry over low heat (Be careful to not overcook) then sprinkle with powdered sugar.