Barbecued swordfish with salsa verde
Fresh mild herbs, blended with the sharp flavour of lemon, bring out the best in this aromatic fish dish.
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 5 minutes
- Yield : 6 servings
- extra virgin olive oil - 100ml
- fresh lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
- garlic cloves, crushed - 2
- swordfish steaks - 6 (about 150g each)
- firmly packed fresh continental parsley leaves - 1 cup
- firmly packed fresh mint leaves - 1/2 cup
- firmly packed fresh basil leaves - 1/2 cup
- drained anchovies - 4
- finely grated lemon rind - 1 teaspoon
- Dijon mustard - 2 teaspoons
- Olive oil - to grease
- Lemon wedges - to serve
- Tomato, mozzarella, basil and crouton salad -
- Combine 1 tablespoon each of the extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice, and half of the garlic in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the fish and season with salt and pepper. Turn to coat the fish in the lemon mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, place the parsley, mint, basil, anchovies, lemon rind and remaining garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Add the mustard, remaining extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice, and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush a barbecue grill or chargrill with the oil to grease. Preheat on high. Drain the swordfish, reserving marinade. Cook the swordfish, basting with reserved marinade, for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide swordfish among serving plates and drizzle over salsa verde. Serve with lemon wedges and the crouton salad.
Leave a Reply