Use your favourite curry paste for this moreish soup recipe.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Yield : 4 servings
- vegetable oil - 2 teaspoons
- brown onion, coarsely chopped - 1
- garlic cloves, crushed - 2
- finely grated ginger - 1 tablespoon
- green chilli, seeded, finely chopped - 1 large
- mild curry paste - 2 tablespoons
- cauliflower, cut into florets - 1 large
- potato, peeled, coarsely chopped - 1 large
- chicken or vegetable stock - 1 litre (4 cups)
- PHILADELPHIA Light Cream For Cooking, a cream alternative - 250ml
- curry leaves - 6 sprigs
- vegetable oil, extra, to shallow fry - 2 tablespoons
- Pappadums, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the cauliflower, potato and chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until potato and cauliflower and tender. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Transfer cauliflower mixture to the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Return to saucepan. Place over low heat. Add the PHILLY and stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat extra oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add half the curry leaves and cook for 1 minute or until crisp. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining curry leaves.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Top with curry leaves. Serve immediately with pappadums, if desired.