The original Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant, where owner Robert H. Cobb created the Cobb salad, is gone, but this hearty dish remains popular.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 60 minutes
- Yield : 4 servings
- LEMON VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
- vegetable oil - ½ cup
- fresh lemon juice - ¼ cup
- red wine vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- garlic, finely chopped - 1 clove
- sugar - 2 teaspoons
- salt - ½ teaspoon
- ground mustard - ½ teaspoon
- Worcestershire sauce - ½ teaspoon
- pepper - ¼ teaspoon
- iceberg lettuce, shredded (6 cups) - 1 medium head (about 1 lb)
- cut-up cooked chicken - 2 cups
- Hard-Cooked Eggs - chopped - 3
- tomatoes, chopped - 2 medium (1½ cups)
- avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped - 1 medium
- crumbled blue cheese - ¼ cup (1 oz)
- bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled - 4 slices (¼ cup)
- In tightly covered container, shake all dressing ingredients. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Divide lettuce among 4 salad plates or shallow bowls. Arrange remaining salad ingredients in rows on lettuce. Serve with dressing.