Easy and delicious, even the kids will love this broccoli, spinach and potato soup.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 4 servings
- Olive oil spray
- brown onion, finely chopped - 1
- garlic cloves, crushed - 2
- salt-reduced vegetable stock - 1L (4 cups)
- potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped - 400g
- broccoli, cut into florets - 450g
- baby spinach leaves - 75g
- fresh basil leaves - 1/2 cup
- light sour cream - 90g (1/3 cup)
- bought basil pesto - 1 tablespoon
- Fresh basil sprigs - to serve
- Crusty bread slices - to serve
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Add onion and stir for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add stock and potato. Bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and simmer for 6-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add spinach. Simmer for 1 minute or until just wilted. Set aside to cool.
- Add basil leaves. Blend one-third of mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat twice with remaining mixture. Cook soup over medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine sour cream and pesto in a bowl. Divide soup among bowls. Top with pesto cream and basil sprigs. Serve with bread.